Home : Logistics Readiness Centers : Drivers Testing
Delivering the Army's Logistics Enterprise in Europe and Africa!




Welcome to Drivers Testing and Training

To drive in Germany, U.S. personnel must have a valid stateside driver's license and obtain a USAREUR driver's license. The driving age is 18 and above in most European countries. 

USAREUR driver's licenses are valid for five years. If someone's tour extends beyond five years, they must renew the license and pay the fee. Personnel must carry U.S. Stateside license with USAREUR license. 

Keep in mind, only USAREUR license holders are authorized to drive a USAREUR registered vehicle. A USAREUR licenses is not a substitute for an international License. Personnel planning to travel should obtain an international driver's license.

How to Get a USAREUR Drivers' License


Step #1: Complete USAREUR Driver's License training on Joint Knowledge Online (JKO)

People age 18 and over must first complete the training and pass the USAREUR driver's test on JOINT KNOWLEDGE ONLINE (Course IDs: USA-007 and USA-007B). Common Access Card (CAC) users can log into JKO. CAC users can sponsor dependents without CACs on the website. For applicants under age 18 who already possess a valid U.S. driver's license, their sponsor must request  an exception to policy from USAREUR headquarters in Sembach. The request should include the sponsor's name, rank, organization, APO mailing address and a copy of the front and back of the applicant's U.S. driver's license.  

Step #2: Go to the Driver's Testing Station to apply in person 

After passing the online test, go to the Driver's Testing and Training Station. It takes a minimum of 48 hours for the scores to be processed to the driver's testing and training station. Personnel will then fill out an application (190-1T), take an eye test (applicants over 65 years must bring an eye examination from an optometrist) and pay a fee for the USAREUR driver's license. The current fee is $30 with debit/credit card, check or money order. Personnel will receive a temporary driver's license on-site. The hard-copy license will be sent to their APO mailing address within three to four weeks.

Things you need to know while at the Driver's Testing Stations:

Test taking procedures: 

  • You must make a score of 85% or better to pass.
  • The driver's encompasses 100 questions
  • There is a $30 processing fee.
  • You are only allowed the test booklet, pencil, drivers check sheet, and the answer sheet on your desk.

Things not to do in the class:

  • Do not use your cell phone, tablet, laptop or any electronic device in classroom.
  • Do not write in or mark the test booklet.
  • Children are not allowed in the classroom.  
Getting an international driver's license


U.S. personnel must request a statement for the international driver's license at the nearest driver's testing and training station for U.S. government employees. To apply for this license, submit the provided statement to the local German Fuehrerscheinstelle  in your county of residence. Personnel must possess the hard-copy USAREUR driver's license before beginning the process for the international driver's license. For the statement, personnel must provide their military ID card, U.S. driver's license, one EU passport photo (3.5 centimeters by 4.5 centimeters) in addition to paying a fee. USAG Bavaria personnel in Garmisch need to obtain an application from their DTTS office in addition to the before mentioned documents.  Fees will vary per town. For more information, personnel should talk to the German Rathaus/City Hall personnel in their perspective town or city.





Our Locations



Helpful Information